Special Session Courses & Programs

Professional & Continuing Education offers Special Session courses, which are approved Chico State courses offered in addition to the University's regular semester schedule. Whether your goal is finishing a degree, completing a certificate, or simply earning credit while you learn, Special Session helps you earn academic credit toward your goal with the flexibility you need.

For details about registration, fees, student resources, and faculty information, please visit the Special Session web pages. Check back often for the most up-to-date information:

Benefits of Special Session

  • Admission to the University is not required
  • Courses meet residence requirements
  • Units may be applied toward a degree program
  • Fees are charged on a per-unit basis

Faculty Information

If you would like information on about offering a special session course, visit our Faculty Resources web page.

Graduate School Adjunct Enrollment GRST 899

If you are pursuing a master's degree, you must enroll each semester until the degree is awarded. Continuous enrollment may be maintained either through registration as a matriculated student or through adjunct enrollment. Adjunct enrollment consists of registration in GRST 899 through Continuing Education. Simply find the term you are interested in and enroll in GRST 899 online, at the Continuing Education office on campus, or by phone, (530) 898-6105.

Campus Resources

Student Health Center services is available for an additional fee and must be paid by the university census date for the term of enrollment.

  • Graduate Adjunct Students
  • Student enrolled in 6 or more Special Session or Open University units

Wildcat Recreation Center is available for an additional fee. The following have the opportunity to purchase a WREC guest membership for the term.

  • Graduate Adjunct Students
  • Student enrolled in 6 or more Special Session or Open University units


Accessibility Accommodations: If you need special disability accommodations for accessing any information on this website, please contact Professional & Continuing Education. For accommodations for an event, workshop, or online or on-campus class, please contact the Accessibility Resource Center.