Programs & Courses for Educators
Printer-friendly version

California Teachers Association and CSU, Chico Regional & Continuing Education offer conferences that focus on issues and challenges encountered in professional service and aim to meet the needs of individuals seeking vocational improvement and career advancement.

By attending these conferences you can earn semester credits on a Chico State transcript, which may be valid for professional credit at the discretion of local school districts. These credits do not, however, meet degree or credential requirements* and are not calculated in the Grade Point Average.

Quick Links:

Conferences  •  Grades  •  Transcripts
Late Requests  •  Refunds

How to Get Started:

  1. Review the conference schedule below.
  2. To attend a conference, register through the CTA official website. All unit requests will be validated by the association prior to officially processing units at CSU, Chico.
  3. To receive credits for attending, register online using the links below.


Fall 2019

Register online by selecting the link below or, if you prefer to pay by check, download the registration form by selecting the pdf link and mail in your completed form.

Course Number
Registration Links
CCA Fall Conf.10/11-10/13EDUC 802R or EDMA 697Online Registration (EDUC 802-1 unit)
Online Registration (EDMA 697-1 unit (Reflection paper due 10/18 to

Registration Form (pdf)

  • Registration Deadline 10/18
Region I Leadership10/11-10/13EDUC 894LOnline Registration (1 unit)
Registration Form (pdf)

  • Registration Deadline 10/18
SCC Fall Leadership10/11-10/13EDUC 895JOnline Registration (main con. attendance required-1 unit)

Online Registration (pre & main conf. attendance required-2 units)

Registration Form (pdf)

  • Registration Deadline 10/18
NEA LGBTQ10/11-10/13EDUC 858COnline Registration (1 unit)

Registration Form (pdf)

  • Registration Deadline 10/18
High Desert SCC Fall Leadership11/22-11/24EDUC 890MOnline Registration (main conf. attendance required-1 unit)

Registration Form (pdf)

  • Registration Deadline 11/29
New Educator Weekend-South12/6-12/8EDUC 857EOnline Registration (main conference attendance-1 unit)

Online Registration (pre & main conf. attendance required-2 units)

Registration Form (pdf)

  • Registration Deadline 12/13
LGBTQ+ Issues12/13-12/15EDUC 897JOnline Registration (1 unit)

Registration Form (pdf)

  • Registration Deadline 12/20

Spring '20 ~ Registration Opens November 1

• Issues Conference | January 17–19
• Good Teaching Conference (North) | February 7–9
• CCA Winter Conference | February 7–9
• New Educator Weekend (North) | February 21–23
• Equity & Human Rights Conference | February 28–March 1
• Good Teaching Conference (South) | March 13–15
• CCA Spring Conference | April 24–26
• Region IV Conference | May 1–3

Summer '20 ~ Registration Opens April 1

• Presidents Conference | July 16–19
• Summer Institute | July 26–30

Fall '20 ~ Registration Opens July 1

• Region II Conference | October 2–4
• CCA Fall Conference | October 9–11
• New Educator Weekend (South) | November 13–15
• LGBTQ+ Issues Conference | December 4–6


Your grades can be viewed online through the Chico State Portal. If you have not activated a portal account, follow the steps below. You will need to enter your date of birth and the nine-digit Chico State Portal ID number you received with your registration confirmation.

Step 1. Go to the "Claim Your Account" page
Step 2. Enter your Chico State ID & Date of Birth
Step 3. Answer the security questions
Step 4. Your account should be activated
Step 5. Enter the Student Center
Step 6. Select "Grades" under Academic History
Step 7. Select the term you wish to view grades

If you did not supply Continuing Education with your date of birth you will not have access to activate an account. If you are experiencing difficulty and do not remember if you supplied us with your date of birth, you should contact our office so that this information can be added to the system. Once the system is updated, approximately 24 hours after you contact us, you should have access. If you do not, please contact the Help Desk at 530-898-HELP (4357) or

If you have already created a CSC Portal account, you can log in at and click the Portal Login link at the top of the page. This requires your Username - generally your first initial and last name and your unique Password you've already created.

Information regarding grades prior to summer 2004 will require a transcript request form available to download at

Official Transcripts

Information on requesting an official transcript is available online at For questions regarding other services offered by Student Records and Registration please visit or call (530) 898-5142. Teachers requesting transcripts for salary increment note the Special Instructions and review processing outline to ensure timely receipt of transcripts. Your transcript shows CSU, Chico work for courses numbered 001-899. Courses numbered 800-899 do not apply towards a degree unless approved by the appropriate department. Successful completion of an 800 level course will appear on the transcript with a CR or Letter grade and a value in the attempted field that may not be reflected in the earned field or the summary totals. Credit/No Credit Grading: If you plan to transfer to graduate or professional schools, be aware that some schools in evaluating transfer credit may regard Credit (CR) grades as C's and No Credit (NC) grades as F's. 

Late Requests

Late requests are subject to the approval from the CTA office, Instructor of Record, CSU, Chico department chair, and college dean which requires a serious & compelling reason. A late fee will also apply. Complete our online request form. ** Please note, there is a 1-year time limit for late requests.


Refunds are only granted if your request to Regional & Continuing Education is prior to the day of the conference. No refund is granted after the conference has begun.


* These courses are designed to meet objectives not served by established graduate and undergraduate courses. However, in exceptional cases and with the approval of the appropriate department chair and the dean of your school, they may be applied toward degree and credential programs for which such courses are deemed acceptable. Determination of the acceptability of these courses for degree and credential credit will depend primarily upon course content and approach. If you are considering using these courses for credential or degree purposes, consult with the appropriate department before registering.