Open University FAQ


How do I know if PCE received my enrollment request form?

After you complete your form, a copy of your submission will automatically be sent to PCE.  PCE registration staff will route your form for all required approvals.  When PCE has sent your form for signature, you will receive an email that your form is "complete." This does not mean the process is complete.

How do I get my enrollment request form signed?

PCE will route your enrollment request form for all necessary signatures.

How long does it take to get enrolled?

Enrollment does not start until the first day of the term for fall and spring, and May 17 for summer. On average, it can take 7-10 business days from the time you submit your form to enrollment.

What should I do if I think I made a mistake on my enrollment request form?

Please email us at or call 530-898-6105. Please DO NOT submit another form.

I submitted my OU form, but I'm not enrolled in the course!

Submitting the OU form does not complete your enrollment. Please do not submit multiple requests. You will receive a detailed confirmation email upon enrollment. 

I'm not a Chico State Student.  How will I access my online course?

If you are new to Chico State, we will email you the information you need to activate your account. You will gain access to Canvas (our learning management system) after you activate your student account. If you have difficulty activating your account, please contact IT Support Services at 530-898-4357.

I've decided I don't want to take a course.  How do I cancel my request?

Please email us at to cancel your request.