Open University Student Resources

Wildcat ID

All students will use their Wildcat ID to access emails and log into their class in Blackboard Learn. Open University students will be sent their Wildcat ID in their class registration confirmation email, which should be kept for future reference.


Textbook information is available from the AS Bookstore.


Canvas is the Chico State Learning Management System. Students can access textbook information and course materials here. Early review of coursework is highly recommended. If you need assistance, visit Learning Technologies support pages.


Chico State considers e-mail to be the essential method for communicating official University business with students. Each student is provided with a campus WildcatMail email account, please check this on a frequent and regular basis. 

If you do not want to check your WildcatMail, you can have your emails forwarded to another e-mail address. Forwarding instructions are available in the ITSS Knowledge Base.


Official transcripts are obtained from the Students Records Office. For more information, or to request a transcript, visit their website.

On-Campus Resources

Meriam Library

As an Open U student, you are entitled to full privileges of the library. An ID card that gives you circulation privileges may be obtained at the Wildcat ID Card Office in Meriam Library 142.

Student Health Center

Students enrolled in six or more units can use the Student Health Center services for a $258 per semester fee. Fees must be paid by the 20th day of the term. Bring your receipt for health services serves as proof of coverage when visiting the Student Health Center. For more information, please call us at 530-898-6105.

Wildcat Recreation Center (WREC)

Open University students are invited to take advantage of Chico State’s Wildcat Recreation Center (WREC)  You must be enrolled in two classes and show proof of enrollment in order to sign up. For more information, call 530.898.4444.

Accessibility Accommodations

If you need special disability accommodations, please contact the Accessibility Resource Center.