** Regional & Continuing Education is working remotely until further notice. You can contact us via phone and email M–F, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. For additional information, read the campus' COVID-19 News & Information. **
American Language & Culture Immersion at CSU, Chico
Printer-friendly version

Question. Do I need a student (F-1) visa to study at ALCI?
Answer. Yes, if your primary purpose for visiting the US is studying, you are required to have a student (F-1) visa.

Q. Do I need a TOEFL score for ALCI admission?
A. No, TOEFL scores are not used for ALCI admission. Sharing your score with ALCI, however, can be useful for placement.

Q. When should I apply for ALCI admission?
A. You should apply at least eight weeks before the start date you've selected. Sessions do fill, so check the calendar and apply early. This will ensure adequate time for you to receive admission documents and make travel plans.

Q. Can I take university classes?
A. Yes, eligible students may earn university credit in addition to enrollment in language training coursework. See information about Open University.

Q. Can I apply for conditional admission to the University?
A. Yes, eligible students can be conditionally admitted to California State University, Chico.

Q: After I am accepted, can I defer acceptance to another session that starts later?
A: Yes, it may be possible to change your session start date. Sometimes a student needs to postpone his or her attendance at ALCI and be sent a revised I-20. We need to ask for a $75 reactivation fee for all students who request a deferral to a different session. An updated financial certificate may be required.

Additional Questions?
We are here to help you!

Send us an e-mail at alci@csuchico.edu or call our office at
+530-898-6821 if you have any questions we can help you with.