Welcome to Chico Distance & Online Education! Through this site you can access online courses and degree programs offered by California State University, Chico, without having to come to campus.
Our goal is to help you succeed and feel a part of the learning community at CSU, Chico. If any of the instructions in this site fail to make sense to you, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email or phone 530-898-6105. We’ll answer your questions and help you learn what you need to know to take classes through Chico Distance & Online Education.
- Computer Requirements
- Get the latest browsers and plug-ins: Download the required free software
- All about the Portal
- ITSS Technical Support
- Computer Troubleshooting
Schedule and Enrollment
- Program Advising
- Course Registration Procedures
- How to drop an online class
- Graduation Application
- Bookstore - Textbook Ordering Details
- Financial Aid
- Library - Distance and Off Campus Users
- Student Identification Cards
- Student Records
- Academic Calendar
- Student Success Workshop Recordings
- Recordings of on-campus guest speakers, forums, and conferences
- Disability Accommodations - Accessibility Resource Center
CSU Student Internal Complaint Process & Contact Info
Pursuant to the United States Department of Education’s Program Integrity Rule, each institution of higher education is required to provide all prospective and current students with the contact information for the state agency or agencies that handle complaints against postsecondary education institutions offering distance learning within that state. Students are encouraged to utilize California State University’s internal complaint or review policies and procedures prior to filing a complaint with a state agency. Click here for a copy of the CSU internal complaints process. Should a student wish to file a complaint in his or her home state, the student needs to select the state contact from the “Consumer Protection State Contacts” list to file a complaint directly in that state.