Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
Join OLLI at its first Summer Lecture Series featuring community experts in art, psychology, theology, financial health, and communication. Attendees can sign up for individual lectures or a series. There are five topics scheduled during the months of June and August:
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life by Dr. Joni Samples - Begins June 17
- Word-Play: A Crash Course in Speaking from the Heart by Meagan Fischer - Begins June 17
- Theology of Homelessness by Bill Such, Executive Director, Jesus Center - June 27
- Hands on Art by Jane Zambory - Begins August 6
- Rethinking the American Dream in the New Economy by Red Rock Financial Team - Begins August 8
For full descriptions and a registration form, download our Summer Lecture Series Flyer.
“Because You Asked!” Free Library Lecture Series
OLLI is partnering with the Butte County Library in an engaging summer speaker series called “Because You Asked!” The sessions, which begin on June 18, are based on reference questions most frequently asked at the library branches. OLLI members have volunteered to present on gardening, local history and geology, media trends, creative writing, and health and wellness—all topics selected by Butte County residents in a recent survey of frequently asked questions.
“Because You Asked!” presentations will take place June 18, July 16, and August 20, from 4 to 5 p.m., in the library meeting rooms in Chico, Durham, Gridley, Oroville, and Paradise. Join the Butte County Library and the OLLI for a summer of fun and learning.
• Oroville Branch: “California’s Magnificent Geology” Presented by Stewart MonroeParadise Branch: “A Life Behind the Words” Presented by Claire Braz-Valentine
June 18 Presentations:
• Chico Branch: “California’s Magnificent Geology” Presented by Stewart Monroe
• Durham Branch: “How to Find (and Read!) A Really Great Book!” Presented by Roy Cook
• Gridley Branch: “The Maximum You!” Presented by Yvette Small
• Oroville Branch: “Current Issues with Emphasis on Media” Presented by Robert Main
• Paradise Branch: “A Bar Stool History of the Paradise Ridge” Presented by Jim Johnson
July 16 Presentations:
• Chico Branch: “How to Find (and Read!) A Really Great Book!” Presented by Roy Cook
• Durham Branch: “Bee-friendly Gardens” Presented by Jeanette Alosi and Tom Hanson
• Gridley Branch: “Aging with a Smile” Presented by Mary McCart
• Oroville Branch: “The Maximum You!” Presented by Yvette Small
• Paradise Branch: “California’s Magnificent Geology” Presented by Stewart Monroe
August 20 Presentations:
• Chico Branch: “Current Issues with Emphasis on Media” Presented by Robert Main
• Durham Branch: “Health Screening: When to Start?” Presented by Kirk Berger
• Gridley Branch: “Creating a Wildlife Habitat” Presented by Kay Perkins
• Oroville Branch: “California’s Magnificent Geology” Presented by Stewart Monroe
• Paradise Branch: “A Life Behind the Words” Presented by Claire Braz-Valentine
Help Support the Prime Timers’ Re-entry Scholarship
Every year we have the opportunity to fund scholarships for re-entry students who return to the University following an extended absence. In 1988, Prime Timers launched the program with a single $500 scholarship. Twenty-four years later, individual scholarship awards have quadrupled and continue to target re-entry students who excel despite facing hardship. Please help maintain our tradition of support for re-entry students by making a tax-deductible donation payable to: CSU, Chico State University Foundation Fund #7217, with Prime Timers’ Re-entry Scholarship on the memo line. Mail checks to OLLI Office at Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, CSU, Chico, in Aymer J. Hamilton #118B, Chico, CA 95929-0792.
Join the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Chico State today!
- The class schedule has a wide variety of nearly 50 classes taught by volunteer peer leaders
- Courses include books & literature, movies & opera, science, current events, French, and more!
- Learn more information about how to become an OLLI member today