Multi-Disciplinary Professional Development - Information For County Offices & Authorizing Agents
Multi-Disciplinary Professional Development
Information For County Offices & Authorizing Agents
This course integrates curriculum reform with teaching strategies in a variety of subject matter areas. The purpose of this course is to assist educators in developing comprehensive teaching plans and actions that are standards-based.
Each unit of credit is based on 15 hours of instruction, which may be earned through a variety of delivery systems. For example, a two-hour online program followed by a two-hour workshop conducted by a curriculum specialist would count as four hours towards the unit of credit.
Verification of Hours
You need to maintain an attendance verification form for each workshop attended and the hours participated. The final enrollment requesting the units requires your signature verifying the information to be true and accurate, the facilitator’s signature at each workshop, and the verifying signature of the designated administrator, (i.e., assistant superintendent at your County Office of Education or the appointed administrator for selected school districts). View the list of approved signatories for county office contact information.
Submitting Hours for Course Credit
- 15 hours are required for 1 unit of University credit. Partial units are not available.
- Hours submitted must be within a one-year (or less) timeframe from start to finish and submitted immediately for credit to avoid having your hours expire.
- Hours more than one-year old are not acceptable for credit.
- Unless a $10 late fee is included, hours submitted will be enrolled under the term for which the deadline was met.
- Late enrollments may only go back one term. Hours must still fall within the one-year timeframe outlined as above.
- Use separate forms if you wish to apply hours to different terms.
- No future hours will be considered.
- The maximum units that can be earned in a single term is 10.Continuing Education does not keep track of hours in excess of 15-hour increments; that is the responsibility of the registrant. You are strongly encouraged to keep copies of forms submitted.
The original copy of the enrollment/attendance verification form must be returned to the Regional and Continuing Education Office at CSU, Chico via your county office. For your reference, we strongly encourage you to make a copy of the verification form for your files. Download a printable registration form.
These courses are graded credit/no credit and do not meet degree or credential requirements. This is an umbrella course used to enroll educators who attend various workshops or conferences throughout the year.
Grades can be accessed online through the CSUC Portal at portal.csuchico.edu. Access requires you to activate a Portal account with the University if you are a first time user. Your registration confirmation contains your nine-digit student ID number in the upper left hand corner. If you are unable to locate it, you can email Regional & Continuing Education to request your student ID number.
The title that will appear on your transcript will be: Multi-Disciplinary Professional Development. To request your Official Transcripts, download the printable request form and send the completed request to:
Office of the Registrar
Chico, CA 95929-0720