Multi-Disciplinary Professional Development For Educators
A Special Program for California Teachers!
Through a partnership with the California Department of Education, the National Humanities Center (NHC) is pleased to offer California educators free registration in a series of live, online professional development seminars for history, literature, and humanities teachers.
Each National Humanities Center seminar provides three hours of professional development. CSU, Chico will grant one unit of University credit for completion of five NHC seminars. These credits require a nominal per-credit fee.
How to Receive Credits for National Humanities Center Seminars:
A completed Enrollment Registration Form must be submitted for each term. Fees for the university credits are $60 per unit of credit and are subject to change.
National Humanities Center seminars have been vetted and pre-approved by Trinity County Office of Education. No authorizing signatures are necessary. The NHC will provide documentation of participation to both the participant and to Regional & Continuing Education, the appropriate authority at California State University, Chico.
Submitting Hours for Credit:
- 15 hours are required for 1 unit of University credit. Partial units are not available.
- Hours submitted must be within a one-year (or less) timeframe from start to finish and submitted immediately for credit to avoid having your hours expire.
- Hours more than one-year old are not acceptable for credit.
- Unless a $10 late fee is included, hours submitted will be enrolled under the term for which the deadline was met.
- Late enrollments may only go back one term. Hours must still fall within the one-year timeframe outlined as above.
- Use separate forms if you wish to apply hours to different terms.
- No future hours will be considered.
- The maximum units that can be earned in a single term is 10.
- Continuing Education does not keep track of hours in excess
of 15-hour increments; that is the responsibility of the registrant. You are strongly encouraged to keep copies of forms submitted.
If you submit a combination of NHC and other professional development hours, you must obtain proper verification for the non-NHC portion. Instructions can be found on the Registration Form.
These courses are graded credit/no credit and do not meet degree or credential requirements. This is an umbrella course used to enroll educators who attend various workshops or conferences throughout the year.
Grades can be accessed online through the CSUC Portal at portal.csuchico.edu. Access requires you to activate a Portal account with the University if you are a first time user. You may contact the Center for Regional & Continuing Education for your student ID number or refer to your registration confirmation. In the upper left hand corner you will find your nine-digit Chico State ID number.
The title that will appear on your transcript will be: Multi-Disciplinary Professional Development. Again, we strongly encourage you to make a copy of the verification form for your files.
To request your Official Transcripts, download the printable request form and send the completed request to:
California State University, Chico
Student Records and Registration
Chico, CA 95929-0720