Housing for ALCI Students
There are several housing options for ALCI students. Housing in Chico is generally less expensive than in metropolitan areas of California. It is relatively easy to find housing on or near campus.
Housing prices vary, but you can expect to spend from $300 to $900 per month for rent.
Please note: ALCI lists housing information for the convenience of our students but neither endorses nor recommends any specific housing option. Arrangements between housing providers and participants, including hosts, applicants, affiliates, students and clients are independent from ALCI Chico. If you have any questions or concerns during your search for housing please contact us for additional information.
On-Campus Residence Halls (Dorms)
Residence halls feature:
- 2-person furnished rooms
- Telephone and TV hook-ups
- Shared bathrooms
- Meal plans
- Laundry facilities
- Study rooms equipped with computer labs
On campus housing fills quickly, so apply as early as possible. To apply for on-campus housing, you must contact: University Housing
University Housing facilities close during University holiday periods.
The Housing Office and ALCI Chico can provide assistance for finding alternative housing during vacation periods.
Off-Campus Residence Halls (Off-campus Dorms)
University Village Apartments (1 mile from campus)
University Village is a group of off-campus apartments owned by CSU, Chico. The apartments are furnished and are shared with one or five people depending on the apartment.
University Village Apartments feature:
- A private or shared bedroom
- Bathroom shared with roommates
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Available meal plans
Craig Student Living (Off-campus dorm)
Craig Student Living is located one mile from campus. It is an off-campus, privately-owned residence hall (dorm).
Craig Hall features:
- Lease terms that match with the dates of your program
- Full furnished suites
- Wifi, cable TV & all utilities included in rent
- Fitness center and computer study rooms open 24 hours a day
- Dining hall, coffee shop, and convenient store located on site
- Courtesy shuttle to and from campus
- Residence life social events
For more information and to apply for housing at Craig Student Living please visit our website: Craig Student Living
Craig Student Living remains open (without food service) during most holiday periods.
Homestay - Live with a Chico family:
International Homestay Agency of Northern California
- Living with a host family can enhance your experience of California and American culture.
- Arrangements vary.
- You will have a private room and a private or shared bathroom.
- You may share meals and transportation and might be expected to share in some household duties.
- For more information about living with host family, contact International Homestay Agency of Northern California (Lynda@internationalhomestayagency.net).
Private housing will allow you more independence. There are many rooms and apartments for rent near campus.
For more information on apartment and room listings please visit:
- University Housing and Food Services (off-campus)
- Sheraton Management Per Room Program
(Located near University campus and Butte College bus stop)
- Listings from the local newspapers:
The details of private living arrangements vary.
You may have to pay first and last month’s rent up front.
You should discuss arrangements with your landlord for the following features:
- Rent and deposit amount
- Agreement length: lease or month-to-month
- Utilities: water, gas, electricity, garbage, and sewer
- Services: Cable, telephone, laundry