CSU Mentor Application Instructions
Applications for admission to the spring 2018 semester likely will be accepted August 1-31, 2017. Applications for fall 2018 admission will be accepted October 1-November 30, 2017. Below are application instructions for students applying to online degree completion programs offered by California State University, Chico:
- On the CSUMentor.edu website, select the “Apply” tab. Next, click on “Undergraduate Admission Applications.”
- Select the term (semester) you would like to start your degree. If you don’t have a CSU Mentor account, you will need to create one at this point by following the instructions provided.
- After you have created an account, you will be sent to a page titled “Undergraduate Application 2017-2018”. Select “CSU Chico” from the list of institutions in the drop-down menu under “These are the CSU campuses to which you may apply.” After selecting “CSU, Chico,” click “Start a New Application” directly under the institution box.
- This will bring you to a page with “California State University Chico” at the top. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, then click on “Begin Undergraduate Application for CSU, Chico.”
- In the first pull-down menu select the term to which you are applying. Then, in the second pull-down menu, select “Chico” In the “Intended Major” pull-down menu, select the online or off-campus degree completion program to which you are applying. You may need to scroll down to find these programs. Your options are “Liberal Studies Online BA,” “Social Science Online-Multidisciplinary (BA),” “Social Science Online-Specialization BA,” or “Sociology Online BA.”
- Follow the remaining instructions as directed. Warning: when you are asked to provide your Transfer GPA, be sure to enter it, as your application will not be accepted without this information. Additional help is available in the left-hand toolbar of CSU Mentor. The “Help Movies” link provides step-by-step illustrated instructions.