Summer Session - Fees & Financial Aid
Fees & Financial Aid
- Summer Session Fees
- Graduation Initiative Grants
- RCE Grants (Apply through FA website-see link below)
- Financial Aid
- Veterans Benefit Information
||$286 / unit
||$330 / unit
|Graduate / Post Bacc Class
||$351 / unit
Summer Session Grants Available!
This year we are excited to offer two types of $500 grants to help you make Summer Session part of your degree plan.
To be eligible for a grant, you must be enrolled in a Summer Session class, and be eligible to graduate in summer ‘17 AND/OR have financial need as determined by your filed summer financial aid application. If you meet both requirements, and enroll in at least six units during Summer Session, you may apply separately for each grant to be considered for a total of $1,000.
Note: Grants apply only to Summer Session ‘17 per-unit fees and may not be used toward past debts, fall fees, etc.
Undergraduate, continuing Chico State students with an EFC of $5,234 or less may be eligible for a $500 RCE Grant. Students are limited to one RCE Grant regardless of the number of units you enroll in. To apply for an RCE Grant, please follow the Financial Aid process below.
If you are an undergraduate Chico State student who can complete the coursework you need to graduate in summer, you may be eligible for a $500 Graduation Initiative Grant. Students who have tuition paid by a third party do not qualify for a Graduate Initiative grant.
How to Apply:
1) Register for the Summer Session class(es) you need to graduate.
2) After registering for your class(es), complete the online application form below.
3) In order to be awarded a Graduation Initiative Grant, you must be filed for summer graduation. If you have not yet filed for summer graduation, you should make an appointment with an advisor to confirm that you will be able to fulfill graduation requirements, and re-file as soon as possible.
4) RCE will confirm your eligibility, notify you of your grant status, and inform you of how & when to pay fees due to complete your class registration.
Fill out my online form.
5) If you didn’t see the class(es) you need on the summer schedule, let us know what what they are and we’ll do our best to help you out.
In addition to $500 RCE Grants, there may be other types of grants and loans available help offset Summer Session fees, including any Pell Grant or Stafford Loan funds unused during the academic year.
To Be Eligible for Summer Financial Aid, You Must:
- Be a continuing matriculated CSU, Chico student regularly admitted into a degree-granting or credential program.
- Have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office, with all verifications, corrections and updates received from the FAFSA processor. You may complete a FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. CSU, Chico’s federal school code is 001146. For some help filling out the FAFSA, take a look at this helpful video.
- Complete a Summer Financial Aid Application, available from the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office website.
How to Apply for Financial Aid:
- Register for Summer Session classes
- Submit a summer aid application as soon as possible after registering for classes.
- If enough aid is awarded to cover Summer Session fees, no fee payment will be required.
- If no financial aid is awarded, or the award is an amount less than the total fees due, the fee balance must be paid immediately to avoid being dropped from class(es).
- April 28 is the Priority Application Deadline to apply for summer financial aid. Applications received after the deadline may still be considered, but fees must be paid out of pocket to avoid being dropped from classes for non-payment. Reimbursement will be made later if aid is awarded.
- Additional eligibility and application requirements are detailed on the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office website. Please review the site carefully.
Veterans Benefit Information
Payment rates depend on the USDVA program to which the student is entitled, the number of units taken, and the length of the course. For approval, contact the Office of Veterans’ Affairs at VA@csuchico.edu or (530) 898-5911. For more information visit www.csuchico.edu/va