Summer Session - Fees & Financial Aid
Fees & Financial Aid
- Summer Session Fee Schedule
- Enrollment Confirmation & Fee Payment
- Financial Aid
- Veterans Benefit Information
||$286 / unit
||$330 / unit
|Graduate / Post Bacc Class
||$351 / unit
There are three ways to pay fees:
- Make a payment through the Continuing Education Office. We accept VISA, MasterCard, personal check, money order, or cashier’s check. Credit card payments processed by Continuing Education are not subject to a service fee.
- Make a payment at the Student Financial Services office, SSC 230.
- Post a payment to your account through the Student Center in the Chico State Portal. Payments may be made by credit card (Discover, American Express or MasterCard) or by e-check. Credit card payments are subject to a 2.9% service fee.
IMPORTANT! Registration is not complete until fees are paid and/or a financial aid fee deferral has been awarded. If the full fee balance is not paid or there is no fee deferral in place, students will be dropped from their classes and must re-enroll if space is still available in the class.
Students who register for two classes but pay for only one will be dropped from both classes. Students will have to re-enroll in both classes again and pay the balance due for both classes.
Refunds will be granted as follows:
|Date of Drop:||Amount of Refund:|
|Class Cancels||100% refund|
|Drop on or before the first day of class||Total fee minus $15|
|Drop second & third day of classes||65% refund minus $5 processing fee|
|Drop fourth day of class||No refund|
To Be Eligible for Summer Financial Aid, You Must:
- Be a continuing matriculated CSU, Chico student regularly admitted into a degree-granting or credential program.
- Have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office, with all verifications, corrections and updates received from the FAFSA processor. You may complete a FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. CSU, Chico’s federal school code is 001146. For some help filling out the FAFSA, take a look at this helpful video.
- Complete a Summer Financial Aid Application, available from the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office website.
How to Apply for Financial Aid:
- Register for Summer Session classes
- Submit a summer aid application to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office, SSC 250, as soon as possible, and no later than noon on the Wednesday after registering for classes.
- If enough aid is awarded to cover Summer Session fees, no fee payment will be required.
- If no financial aid is awarded, or the award is an amount less than the total fees due, the fee balance must be paid immediately to avoid being dropped from class(es).
- April 30 is the Priority Application Deadline to apply for summer financial aid. Applications received after the deadline may still be considered, but fees must be paid out of pocket to avoid being dropped from classes for non-payment. Reimbursement will be made later if aid is awarded.
Additional eligibility and application requirements are detailed on the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office website. Please review the site carefully.
Veterans Benefit Information
Payment rates depend on the USDVA program to which the student is entitled, the number of units taken, and the length of the course. For approval, contact the Office of Veterans’ Affairs at VA@csuchico.edu or (530) 898-5911. For more information visit www.csuchico.edu/va