Summer Session - Fees & Financial Aid
- Summer Session Fee Schedule
- Enrollment Confirmation & Fee Payment
- Financial Aid
- Veterans Benefit Information
Please Note: Fees for Summer Session enrollments are due at the time of registration.
|Undergraduate Students||Graduate / Post Bacc Students||Credential Students|
|Total Fee: *||Total Fee: *||Total Fee: *|
|1 unit||$286||1 unit||$351||1 unit||$330|
|2 units||$572||2 units||$702||2 units||$660|
|3 units||$858||3 units||$1,053||3 units||$990|
|4 units||$1,144||4 units||$1,404||4 units||$1,320|
|5 units||$1,430||5 units||$1,755||5 units||$1,650|
|6 units||$1,716||6 units||$2,106||6 units||$1,980|
|7 units||$2,002||7 units||$2,457||7 units||$2,310|
|8 units||$2,288||8 units||$2,808||8 units||$2,640|
|9 units||$2,574||9 units||$3,159||9 units||$2,970|
|10 units||$2,860||10 units||$3,510||10 units||$3,300|
|11 units||$3,146||11 units||$3,861||11 units||$3,630|
|12 units||$3,432||12 units||$4,212||12 units||$3,960|
* Additional one time campus fees for the summer term are $1.00 Associate Students fee, $2.00 ID fee, $5.00 student union fee. Please Note: CSU, Chico reserves the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular class has begun. All CSU, Chico listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees.
Registration is not complete until fees are paid or deferred pending financial aid. You may pay your fees three ways:
1. Post a payment to your account through the Student Center in the Chico State Portal. Payments may be made by credit card (Discover, American Express or MasterCard) or by e-check. Credit card payments are subject to a 2.9% service fee.
2. Make a payment at the Continuing Education Office. Visa, MasterCard, check or cash accepted. Credit card payments made to Continuing Education are not subject to a service fee.
3. Make a payment via cash or check at the Student Financial Services office, SSC 230.
Fee payment may be deferred by submitting a Financial Aid application to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office, SSC 250.
IMPORTANT! Fees are due at the time of registration. Enrollments that do not have a corresponding fee payment or a financial aid fee deferral in place by 3:00 p.m. each Wednesday between April 17 and May 15 will be cancelled the following day. Students who are dropped for non-payment of fees must re-enroll and may do so only if space is still available in the class. To ensure payment is applied to your account, make fee payment by 3:00 p.m. to secure your enrollment in the course.
To be eligible for summer financial aid, you must:
1. Be a continuing matriculated* CSU, Chico student regularly admitted into a degree-granting or credential program.
2. Have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office, with all verifications, corrections and updates received from the FAFSA processor by May 17, 2013. You may complete a FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. CSU, Chico’s federal school code is 001146.
3. Complete a Summer Financial Aid Application, available from the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office Web site.
4. Register for classes beginning April 2, and submit your application to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office to avoid being dropped from your classes pending the processing of your application.
Summer aid applications will be accepted at the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office, SSC 250. You must be enrolled in your desired classes before you submit your application, and that application must be submitted at the soonest possible time after you enroll in classes or you are at risk of being dropped for non-payment of fees.
April 26, is the summer aid application deadline to defer fees. If you have anticipated financial aid sufficient to pay fees, no payment will be required. Failure to pay fees or have sufficient anticipated aid will result in being dropped from classes. Applications received after the April 26 deadline may still be considered, but students may have to pay fees to confirm maintained enrollment and be reimbursed later if aid is awarded.
Financial Aid applications must be submitted by noon on the Wednesday following your enrollment in Summer Session to ensure a fee deferral is in place and your enrollment is not cancelled for non-payment.
After the financial aid application is reviewed, if adequate aid is awarded, no fee payment will be required. If aid is not available or is not adequate to cover the cost of Summer Session, you must pay any remaining fees to maintain your enrollment.
Payment rates depend on the USDVA program to which the student is entitled, the number of units taken, and the length of the course. Students need to contact the Office of Veterans’ Affairs for approval. Please contact the Office of Veterans’ Affairs at VA@csuchico.edu or (530) 898-5911. For more information visit www.csuchico.edu/va
Please check back regularly, as information on these pages is subject to updates and change. Thank you!