Driving Directions & Transportation
CSU, Chico is 90 minutes north of Sacramento in the heart of the lush Sacramento Valley. Enjoy an easy and scenic drive, or travel by plane.
Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is 90 miles south of Chico.
Chico Municipal Airport (CIC) is located 5 miles north of Chico and is serviced by United Express flights that connect through San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
Driving Directions to California State University, Chico
From Highway 99 Traveling North to Chico:
- Exit Highway 99 at Highway 32 turning left onto E. Eighth Street to downtown Chico
- Continue west to Chestnut Street
- Turn right on Chestnut Street and travel six blocks to W. Second Street and the University
From Highway 99 Traveling South to Chico:
- Exit E. First Avenue in Chico and turn right
- Continue west to the Esplanade and turn left onto the Esplanade into downtown Chico. Esplanade becomes Broadway.
- Turn right on W. Second Street and travel three blocks to Chestnut Street and the University
From Interstate 5 Traveling North or South:
- Exit I-5 in Orland
- Travel East on CA-32 through downtown Orland and continuing to Chico (approximately 20 miles)
- Once in Chico CA-32 becomes Nord Avenue
- Turn left on W. Second Street and travel 4 blocks to the University
Driving Directions Via Google Maps
To get driving directions to our campus via Google, enter your address or zip code in the form below.
All major rental car companies are available from Sacramento. Please call your company of choice.
North Valley Shuttle (Chico-based)
Phone: 530-891-1219 or 800-832-4223
Must make reservation ahead of time.
Van Man Charters
Super Shuttle (Sacramento-based)
Phone: 916-648-2500 ext 106
Reserve your spot 24 hours in advance
Pick up and drop off at terminal A & B
AMTRAK and Greyhound Bus also have regular service into downtown Chico, although hours are limited. The AMTRAK train depot is located at W. Fifth and Orange Streets, telephone: 895-8000 or 800-872-7246. The train leaves twice daily at 3:06 a.m. southbound and 1:42 a.m. northbound. The San Joaquin is a combination train and bus ride that leaves Chico three times daily, all southbound at 9:25 a.m., 11:55 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. This service terminates in downtown Los Angeles. Contact your local travel agencies for details.
The Greyhound bus depot is located at W. Fifth & Orange Streets. Call them for the schedule and current fares at 530-343-8266 or 1-800-231-2222