Conditional admission is designed for undergraduates and graduate students who have not yet met the University’s English proficiency requirement. Students must apply for conditional admission by the University deadlines and submit all required documentation and fees. ALCI Chico maintains conditional admission arrangements with CSU, Chico and Butte College. We can also assist in transfers between other universities and colleges.
CSU, Chico Conditional Admission Application Requirements & Deadlines:
To apply for conditional admission, students must apply to both CSU Chico and ALCI Chico:
Apply to CSU, Chico:
- Apply online at CSU Mentor: www.csumentor.edu
- $55 CSU Chico application fee (pay online at time of application. If you prefer to pay by check, make check payable to “CSU Chico”)
- Submit required documents to ALCI by mail (see mailing address below)
Apply to ALCI Chico:
- ALCI Chico application form: http://rce.csuchico.edu/alci/apply
- $100 ALCI application fee (Payable by Visa or MasterCard on application. If sending check or money order, please make payable to “CSU Chico Research Foundation”)
- Passport photo identification page
- Financial support form www.csuchico.edu/international/documents/financialsupport.pdf
- Official Bank Statement or scholarship letter. See International Student Services website for current fees.
- Official high school and all college or university transcripts
- Students with 60+ semester units or two years of continuous, full-time academic study at universities/colleges do not need to submit a high school transcript
• Submit all required documents listed above to ALCI Chico by mail to:
American Language and Culture Institute
California State University, Chico
400 West First Street
Chico CA, USA 95929-0250
Students seeking conditional undergraduate admission to CSU, Chico must apply by the following deadlines:
Conditional Admissions Deadlines
For ALCI Session
Apply for Conditional
For University Term
|Summer - 2016||March 2, 2016||Fall 2016|
|Fall 1 -2016||May 1, 2016||Fall 2016|
|Fall 2 - 2016||July 15, 2016||Spring 2017|
|Spring 1 - 2017||October 21, 2016||Fall 2017|
|Spring 2 - 2017||December 23, 2016||Fall 2017|
|Summer - 2017||March 3, 2017||Fall 2017|
Eligible students will receive a letter of Conditional Admission and a form I-20 from ALCI. You will maintain full-time enrollment at ALCI until you are recommended for matriculation.
CSU, Chico University Application Cycles:
Fall semester: October 1 – May 1
Spring semester: July 1 – September 30
Fall semester: October 1 – March 1
Spring semester: August 1 – September 15
The online application to apply to the University is found at: http://www.csumentor.edu/admissionapp/intl_apply.asp
For more information about admission to CSU, Chico, please contact the Office of International Education.
Butte College Conditional Admission
Through our partnership with Butte College, ALCI Chico students can apply for conditional admission to our local community college. For more information please visit the Butte College website or contact our office.